19 Foy Drive, Hamilton Square NJ 08690 (609) 586-6216 email@example.com
Vice President / Product Manager / Project Manager
Product Management Strategy, Planning & Implementation Leadership / Challenging Project Management-Consumer Products & Services / Accomplished Product Marketer
Product and Project Management Leader: I have been fortunate to enjoy a classical product, project and marketing business management career with well-known customer-focused firms that include TD Waterhouse, Thomson Financial and The Vanguard Group. Career Track: I have demonstrated steady professional growth with increasing responsibilities through positions that include Marketing Associate, Brokerage Trader, Brokerage Operations Supervisor, Assistant Compliance Manager, Network Administrator, Project Manager, Product Manager and Vice President Product Management.
Full Life-Cycle Product Management And A Proven Project Management Record: Over the past 10+ years, I have utilized product, project, strategy, analysis, budget, P&L responsibility, marketing and people management expertise gained through the successful product management and delivery of challenging top tier projects, all delivered on-time and on-budget, including Active Brokerage Trading, Wireless Platforms (cell phone, PDA), Automated Telephone Platforms (IVR touch-tone & speech recognition telephone), Consumer Websites, and Financial Market Data.
BA-LaSalle University, MBA-West Chester University, Project Management-Penn State University.
NASD Series 7, 63, 4 (Options Principal) PMP (Project Management Professional)-Final Exam Prep. Project Management Institute (PMI)-Financial Services SIG Trade Show Speaker -PCIA, Wireless Internet World, NYNMA. Community Involvement-Youth Basketball/Baseball Coach, Marketing Committee (Our Lady of Sorrows School)
Selected Achievements & Skills
o Achieved on-time, on-budget product delivery and launch. I served as the Product & Marketing Leader for the Active Trader (TradeCentral) new brokerage product development and launch and formulated the initial strategy & planning. I managed the project team that developed a new Active Trader online account opening process, website product/marketing content, and prospect/customer fulfillment services & processes. I also established product usability research and was the liaison for all related interactive product marketing activities.
o Led rapid development of new online platforms, guided new enhancements and maintained ongoing profitability under challenging circumstances. I managed the strategy, competitive/customer analysis, planning, development, testing, marketing and launch of three new wireless online platforms (cell phone, Pocket PC, and Palm), all within 2 years. I also led the ongoing product management of the automated telephone and wireless platforms with new enhancements and have effectively maintained profitability over 4+ years. This was accomplished in the face of industry/market downturns, slow product growth and shifting corporate priorities with the implementation of cost reductions, resource reallocation and other internal efficiencies.
o Revitalized a stagnant product and built new revenues. I managed an online financial market data product targeted to small brokerage firms and active brokerage trading customers and increased net product revenue by 20% in less than two years with effective product improvement processes (new enhancements, pricing) increased sales & online support, marketing efforts and firm awareness.
o Professional Skills: I have exceptionally strong written and verbal communication skills. I am highly personable, flexible and am an accomplished people manager (1-10+). I am a hands-on, customer-focused professional capable of working in both entrepreneurial and more structured environments. I am effective as both a cross-functional project leader and team member. I work well independently and am proficient in solving problems and implementing solutions on time, on budget and under tight deadlines. I have extensive business & project management education. I have developed a solid understanding of technology which has allowed me to be effective in technology-based projects. I have developed business requirements, technical specifications and project plans. Finally, I have developed effective presentation skills and have developed strong vendor and 3rd party management, contract and negotiation skills, leading to profitable business relationships.
Career Overview & Experience
o TD Waterhouse USA (TD Bank Financial Group), New York, NY-Vice President Product Mgmt. 1999-2005
o Thomson Financial (ILX Systems), New York, NY- Product Manager 1998-1999
o The Vanguard Group, Valley Forge PA-Project Manager & various other professional positions 1987-1997
19 Foy Drive, Hamilton Square NJ 08690 (609) 586-6216 firstname.lastname@example.org
TD Waterhouse USA (TD Bank Financial Group)
New York, NY. From July 1999 to Jan. 2005
Vice President, Product Management
· Product Manager for TradeCentral- Active Trader online retail brokerage platform. Managed initial customer acquisition launch of Active Trader product including:
o Online Account Opening process
o Website/interface content
o Prospect and Customer Fulfillment process
o Interactive product marketing activities.
o IVR and Wireless Active Trader platform integration
· Managed full life cycle product development, rollout and launch for Speech Recognition and WAP/PDA Wireless online retail brokerage platforms.
· Managed usability/interface research & design, competitive analysis, product positioning, strategy, budget, product launch, trade show and related interactive product marketing activities (collateral, online advertising).
· Managed day-to-day product management and interactive marketing for IVR and wireless retail brokerage platforms.
· Experienced people manager with management of cross-functional business and technology teams.
· Managed wireless and telephony business development and vendor management. Negotiated & closed contracts.
· Served as department coordinator for employee satisfaction survey/action planning and corporate newsletter.
Thomson Financial (ILX Systems)
New York, NY. From Jan. 1998 until July 1999
Product Manager, Market Data
· Managed institutional/consumer financial market data software product targeted to Active Traders and brokerage firms. Increased net product revenue by over 20% in less than 2 years.
· Managed product enhancements to advanced option chains, NASDAQ Level II, advanced analytics and web-based 3rd party market data tools.
· Coordinated Business Development, Budget, P & L, Vendor and Contract Management for product. Assisted with sales support & marketing.
· Performed customer and executive product presentations, assisted with negotiations/closing of key clients.
The Vanguard Group Inc.
Valley Forge PA. From Sept. 1987 until Dec. 1997
Project Manager, Online Services
· Led online registration/login process development for initial launch of customer website.
· Led development of enhancements to Brokerage Front-end Order Entry System for retail trade desk.
· Researched potential brokerage online systems as member of self-clearing analysis team.
· Managed Option & Mutual Fund trading enhancements for Touch-Tone Telephone online channel (AutoBroker).
· Managed firm-wide projects for implementation of market data services from Bloomberg and Thomson Financial (ILX Systems) including market data desktop integration.
· Served as department liaison to firm-wide PMO (Project Management Office).
· Developed skills in vendor management, contract negotiations, budget, ROI analysis and product marketing.
· Senior Network Administrator
o Managed computer network and desktop applications for brokerage division (200+ desktops).
o Trained on corporate and consumer desktop applications, network management and desktop application rollout.
· Assistant Manager-Compliance
o Coordinated customer account equity and option trading regulatory analysis.
o Assisted Compliance Manager with customer and employee trading reviews
· Supervisor-Brokerage Operations
o Served as Options Principal, Credit, Margin and Corporate Reorganization supervisor.
· Supervisor-Brokerage Services
o Supervised team of 10+ brokerage call center representatives.
· Brokerage Trading Representative-Broker
o Served as Trade Desk/Account Services Representative.
· Marketing Representative
o Served as Mutual Fund Marketing Representative.
· Penn State University (Great Valley Graduate School), Malvern, Pennsylvania
o Project Management Masters Certificate. Degree June 1997.
· West Chester University (State University of PA), West Chester, Pennsylvania
o MBA-Management, Concentrations-Economics/Finance. Degree May 1996.
· LaSalle University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
o BA-Psychology. Minor-Business Administration. Degree May 1987.
· Microsoft Office- Word, Excel and PowerPoint
· Microsoft Project & Project Server, Visio and Access
· Brio Intelligence and proprietary database/data warehouse query and analysis tools
· Adobe Photoshop, screen capture software
· HTML web authoring tools-basic development skills
· Technical specification development
Professional Licenses & Certifications
· Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification (pending)
o All work experience and educational requirements completed. Final preparation for PMP certification exam.
o Professional Development Units (PDU’s)-130 Project Management Training Hours.
· NASD Brokerage Securities Licenses-Series 4 (Options Principal), Series 7, Series 63.
Professional Affiliations & Community Involvement
· Project Management Institute (PMI)
o Member, NJ Chapter, Financial Services SIG.
· Wireless Industry Trade Show Speaker
o PCIA, Wireless Internet World, NYNMA.
· Marketing Committee, Finance Committee -Our Lady of Sorrows Church/School (Hamilton, NJ).
· Youth Basketball and Little League Baseball- Head Coach/Manager